Covering/Removing PVA on walls.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have recently had an area of wall above a window opening re-plastered following removal of a wooden baton that was fixed in the wall for mounting a curtain pole. Only the area above the window opening was reskimmed (approx 1.7M wide & 600mm from top of the opening to the ceiling). The new plaster has been feathered into the existing finish, however, the plasterer appears to have covered the whole width of the wall in PVA for 600mm down from the ceiling. As i now need to paint over this with emulsion, can anyone advise how would be best to deal with this band of pva/water mixture that has been painted on? I have tried a light sanding and it seems to not want to budge. I understand that emulsion will just craze. Is there a good primer that can be applied?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back