Crack Above kitchen Window where the door used to be?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there hope anyone can help

there is a crack above the kitchen window where the door used to be, its been concrete blocked up below the window. the crack above the lentels ands leads up to the window above. also there is something wrong with the lentels.

can anyone explain whats going on and how much its likely to cost to fix

i have attached the pictures.

any help would be great thanks.

Sponsored Links
How old is the house? If its 1930s it has probably got wooden lintels that may have rotten through, are there new lintels above the window? Please tell me they have not just stuck blocks on top of the frame. :confused:

1930's, i'm not sure =( what they done with the lentels. i'm hoping to buy the house but its a major concern but i really like the house.

Sponsored Links
They probably stuck the lentels in the soup, 1930s houses are solid, I got two of them and am in the process of buying another, if you need to get the work redone then allow £1,000 tops for new lintels remove the old wooden ones if not already removed and render.

Don't pay the asking price, ie, the house I'm buying was on the market at £200k, it needs about £10-15k spent on it houses in the street that have been renovated are selling at £220k, my first offer was £170k, I finally got it for £180k.

If you don't ask you don't get!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back