Cracked Artex ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The ceiling above the shower in my bathroom is Artexed and has cracked, with the Artex beginning to flake away slightly. I suspect this has got damp over the years since the extractor fan isn't amazingly effective. Is there an easy way I can repair this before it gets too bad - I'm not too keen to get someone in to skim the ceiling as it's only a small area, and all the other ceilings in the house are Artexed. I did repair one small area with bog standard filler from Wickes, then painted over it once it had set and I'd sanded it lightly - that bit is OK, but others areas are now cracking / flaking, so can I treat the whole area so sort this out for good ?

Cheers, John

Sponsored Links
artex :mad: horrible stuff

personally i would rip the ceiling down, re board and skim.

if its only a small bathroom you can try it yourself. although it very messy work and if its old artex say pre 88 it may contain white asbestos so if your not sure get it checked.

it's not easy to patch artex but it depends on the style of it.

if you really want to keep the artex look throughout the house then there are plenty of spreads who still do artexing (altough I would count it as a blessing and start skimming the rest of your house0 :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back