Cracked floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, wondering if anyone can help me. Viewed a house yesterday for the second time and spotted various things we were oblivious to on the first viewing.
The bathroom floor is tiled with a free standing bath also. There are 7 floor tiles all adjacent that are cracked. My concern is that for that many tiles to crack, the surface that's been tiles on must have been uneven.
Providing we could actually get exact replacements, surely if the problem is the surface then the same thing would keep happening?
If the floor needs to come up and the floor levelled or plywood put down, and totally relaid, I'm guessing that's going to be a big job?
We love the house but its at the top of our budget as it is.
It's a Victorian terrace and there is also underfloor heating in the bathroom (which doesn't work but that's another topic)

Any help would be really really useful? The bathroom is 7'11" x 12'7"

Thank you

Sponsored Links
There is slight movement in the floor hence the tiles cracking. It would need the bath basin and toilet to be removed, then lift the tiles and subfloor. Then relay new ply screwed down to all joists, every 150mm so that there is no movement, then relay new tiles and refit the bathroom back together.

I have not mentioned the under floor heating as there are different types and most people I find leave them turned off to save money.

But if the house is what you want then go for it, the floor can be fixed at a later date.

Andy

Still deliberating other problems and positives and negatives. Nice to know the bathroom floor is a 'doable' job though in the future.

Sponsored Links
You shouldn't underestimate the amount of work required to replace that floor.

Its a major job and its really new bathroom time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back