CRACKED PEBBLEDASH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a pebble dashed wall which has a crack, upto 1/4 inch wide at worst. Wall is 9 inch bonded, so no cavity, and I now have a damp patch on the inside of the wall. The crack is old, so is the pebbledash (1901 vintage).
What should I use to fill the crack, and restore the waterproof qualities of the wall?
I would appreciate any help you can give me..............

RobD2

Sponsored Links
We have a similar problem but due to historic settlement. The Structural Engineer advised to cut back the render 200mm either side of the crack, make good the pointing in the brickwork (and chock up any movement with slate if required) then re-render the area. I've spoken to a good all round plasterer (dragged up by father in the trade etc) and he says he can reproduce the old heavy pebbledash and once painted, the original defect will be totally un-noticeable.
This may be more than you want to do but it'd be done right and last.
rcs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back