creaky flooring help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have just bought a house it was built in 1984. The problem is upstairs the floors are very very very creaky!!!!!!!!! im not sure what the floors are underneath the carpet though, it may be boards or sheets i dont know! can anyone tell me how to reduce the creaking

many thanks

Sponsored Links
You could try some short screws to tighten things back up, but only screw directly next to an existing nail to prevent hitting a pipe or electrics.

Quite likely chipboard in big sheets. You might have a joint between two boards that is not supported by a joist but hanging off the T&G. I've got these :evil: :evil: :evil: I hear if they're glued well they hold together but mine weren't :evil: :evil: :evil: You can detect these of you stand on the boards either side of the join and they move separately.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back