Cream kitchen tile with red tiles layout help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've been asked to tile between the worktop and wall cabinets around a kitchen, using cream tiles in a brick effect. However they have asked to have the odd red tiles added randomly.

Is their any tiling rule i should follow when trying to work out where to put these random red tiles?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sounds dreadful :confused: ; a take on the old fishes, grapes & loaves theme tiles of years ago. If I were you I would ask them to specifically locate each “random” tile as one persons idea of random wont be the same as another’s so whatever you do is bound to be wrong; how many random red tiles are there anyway? I assume both tiles are exactly the same size?

Sounds dreadful :confused: ; a take on the old fishes, grapes & loaves theme tiles of years ago. If I were you I would ask them to specifically locate each “random” tile as one persons idea of random wont be the same as another’s so whatever you do is bound to be wrong; how many random red tiles are there anyway? I assume both tiles are exactly the same size?

lol yes not really my thing, and i did try and talk the customer out of it but they were having none of it!

The area is 5 metres long, 0.5 high, i think they want about 20 red tiles thrown into this area. They are the same shape and size as the cream tiles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back