Creda Europa solar plus 48147 tripping RCD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Creda Europa solar plus. I has a bottom oven and top grill.
The Oven started tripping the RCD intermittently about 8 months ago. Therefore under advice I changed the heating element and this cured the problem.

Then about 2 weeks ago the intermittent tripping of the RCD restarted. Although before the RCD would trip at anytime the oven was heating now it only trips when the oven door is opened while the oven is heating or up to temperature. Again this is intermittent. I have replaced the micro switch for the oven door which controls the fan. I thought this maybe causiing an electrical short when the switch is put in the open state.

Again I thought this had solved the problem but after a couple of days the RCD tripped again. I have checked hard wired socket and all looks fine.
Does the heating element need replacing again or do I just bite the bullet and get a new oven. Or are there some other forces at work. Comments and ideas appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Tony,

I know it's an old forum, but my Creda Europa Solarplus Double Oven is also intermittely tripping the RCD, and only when the Main oven door is opened!

Did you ever solve your problem? Very interested to hear if you did and any advice how to cure would be appreciated!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back