Creda model 37761 no heat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, A Merry christmas to you all.
I know its sad to make a post on boxing day but I live a sheltered life.
Right, the wifes Creda tumble drier has packed in, well its working apart from the fact that there is no heat. I've checked the TOD's on the back, 1 is closed circuit (36FXE14, 20081, L150c) the other is open circuit (36TXE11, 14288, L106-20c) when I bridge the open TOD the elements light and I have heat. So to all you exp[erts out there, is the 36TXE11 faulty. Oh, and can anyone supply me with one.
Kindest regards and happiest wishes, OTTO, fray Whiteheaven.

PS: I always assumed that the TOD where actually called TOC's, can anyone tell me what the abbreviation for TOD is, I'm guessing Thermal overload Device?

Sponsored Links
You guessed right. It's a thermal overload device.
Supplied in pairs.
You can reset the existing one by very carfully drilling a tiny hole in the centre of it on the rear then use a pin to reset it.
While you're at it, clean out any fluff that you can get to.

hi mine is doing the same , what exactly do i need to drill a hole in ?

any help most apprectated

Sponsored Links
You don't drill just remove stat and throw on floor a couple of times till disc is not cocaved.

stat , your talking to someone who hasnt got a clue ... where is the stat and what does it look like????

thanks

Remove rear cover , the one that boŵed on the back , at the top of the heater is two stats or round discs , the one on the left will be open curcuit remove it snd throw it on the floor to reset it.

This is a great solution (throwing an electrical device on the floor) but it worked a treat - my heater's TOD was on the right, tho. Should I be worried that the insulation for the wires to the other TOD were burnt?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back