Creda t622cw dryer - start switch not working (FiXED/SOLVED)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a creda t622cw dryer, were the start button does not hold it's position, hence it cannot be turned on.

My plan was to swap the connectors between the on/off switch and the low/high heat button (as this is working) to test whether the it is just a case of replacing the switch.

The problem is access to the switches. I have removed the top, via 2 screws on the back. I then removed, what I thought was, the 4 screws (one in each corner) holding the control front panel. However there appears to be something , near the timer dial, which is holding the panel in place. It does not appear to be the timer dial itself.

Could someone please advise on the best way to access these switches, and whether my swapping of the connectors would cause a problem. As I have said above, I only intend on swapping the connection to the switches in order to see if that is the fault.

Any info will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It's not the start switch , it's the relay that's faulty in the centre of the consol. It's a clear square box.

Hi rocks1,

Thanks for the reply. The reason I suspected the switch was that it no longer making the clicking sound when it is pressed.

Assuming it is the relay, how easy is it to replace, and can anyone give me a link of where I can source the replacement part.

As always, any help greatly appreciated.

370291850040. eBay. Easy to replace wire for wire, just unscrews from consol.

Sponsored Links
Again thanks for the response, it is much appreciated.

How do I access the consol/control panel?

As I mentioned previously, I have removed the top panel (via the back screws) and then removed 4 screws (one screw in each of the corners), which I thought would allow me to remove the consol, but there seems to be something else (near or behind the dial) holding the control panel in place. Is there a screw behind the dial, if so how do I remove the dial?

Thanks

The dial just pulls off. But from memory you don't need to remove the consol panel. There's two stews that hold the relay on undo one slightly and remove the other one the the relay slides out. Bit tight but it does come out. The relay that is.

Just fitted the relay and we have power. Thanks for all your help rocks1, it was much appreciated.

Just for completeness, I did manage to remove the dial and the screws behind it. As rocks1 stated the dial just pulls off. Good tip I found on the internet for that is to put an old towel/cloth over the dial and use a pair of pilars. But as rocks1 explained this was not necessary, although having the control panel off did improve access to the relay, slightly.

I do have an unrelated (I think) issue with the dryer, which I have posted on a new thread to:
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=358286

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back