Creda T622CW not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My just over 1 year old Creda Simplicity T622CW tumble dryer has stopped working, the machine has power but just makes a buzzing noise when turned on and the drum doesn't rotate. Any ideas as to what might be wrong? Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Do you think the buzzing noise is the motor turning ? if so, the belt could be broken. You will have to get inside the case to find out. If belt is intact it is probably the motor and may just be needing new brushes. If you know how to check these (with it unplugged) it will take 2 minutes to do so.

Tumble driers don't have motor brushes, they have a starter capacitor. If this capacitor fails the motor hums but does not turn. There is also a relay just under the lid on the right hand side of the machine. These relays are prone to failure.

Sponsored Links
If this is a condenser drier you will find a 7 micro-farad capacitor by removing rh side panel

I have the same model, mine just takes forever to dry......

It's been fine for 2 years, but suddenly it wont take more than 2 towels, or a couple of t-shirts, without wanting 5 cycles to dry it all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back