Creda Washer Dryer not operating

JDS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Creda IW160D Washer / Dryer which has stopped working.

Setting to any programme, timer will click round 1 notch then nothing else happens. Will do this on a wash or dry programme.

Use it mainly for drying only, as have another washing machine plumbed in.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JDS

Sponsored Links
does it hum?

first thing a m/c does is let in cold water, if it hums, valve is opening, but water turned off, if no hum valve is at fault.

you may also want to check water is actually on, and comes out of blue fill hose (may be kinked or turned off)

Thanks Breezer

Water supply is ok. Machine does not make any sort of noise.

Even when using on the drying cycle, when no water would be used, nothing happens.

Normal course of events is the control knob goes round 1 click then the drum starts to rotate. It's not going round at all and there are no noises!

Any further help from anyone would be appreciated.

Is it possible to get equivalent of a workshop manual for this machine?

Ta. JDS

JDS said:
Thanks Breezer

Even when using on the drying cycle, when no water would be used, nothing happens.

you are not to know but that is not true, on the drying cycle water is used, it runs down inside the condenser (blue thing on the back left hand side)
aiir is blown accross 2 elements this hot air goes into drum, HOT damp air goes out up through condensor starts again.

If you have no noise (i.e no fan, no pump noise) it sounds like it is either the timer (maybe) or a stat, (i once chnaged a whole timer, only for it not to work because it was a stat, new model and i hadn't read the manual :oops: )

you can get a manula for it but they cost about £30 each as hotpoint (they own creda) don't want you to have one.

to be honest it hink this is one of those jobs that is NOT for the diy Person

you may want to see this

Sponsored Links
Thanks again Breezer

Took top of machine at weekend and was impressed by the insides!

Unlike my trusty old Washing machine which I have fixed on a number of occasions, Perhaps you are right that this may be best left to the experts.

I'd be quite happy replacing any of the parts, but diagnosis will be the difficult bit.

Cheers

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back