Curtain Cretin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've ordered some made to measure curtains from Debenhams.

Problem is that we're not sure how to hang them or what kind of poles or tracks to use.

We have two sets, one for a window of about 120cm with 210cm drop, another for a bay window in 80cm/200cm/80cm sections also with a 210cm drop.

I like the look of poles but I'm not sure whether they are the most sensible option. I know we can get bay window poles but I imagine they are a bit flimsy as they only attach in three places.

Any experts in this field?

Suggestions would be most welcome.

Sponsored Links
What's wrong in having three curtain poles and three curtains, so you would have six brackets/fixings? That is the norm... isn't it? That is what I have anyway.

Does your bay window go from floor to ceiling level or is it only bay window (i.e. approx. 900mm above floor level)? Reason I mentioned this is if you do have a normal bay window with the cill at approx. 900mm above floor level, then radiators are normally fitted there (below the window) and you are to take that into account when hanging curtains... so the curtains do not conflict with the radiators. A way around this is to buy extended brackets, which would push the curtain rail and pole away from the window and thus missing the radiators. Obviously if you didn't have full height curtains, then that wouldn't be a problem.

You'll have to see what comes back from the shop. Poles fasten in a totally different way to tracks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back