Curved Laminate Floor Nose Profile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just put a round hole in one of my rooms so that I can put a spiral staircase in.

I am going to put a laminate floor in the room and I plan to glue laminate pieces to the inside edge of the round hole.

I am then struggling to find a solution to cover the edge of the hole where the 2 laminate pieces meet.

Can someone advise any solution.

Thanks

Nev [/img]

Sponsored Links
heeellooo and welcome lozzywoz :eek: ;)

what radius are you talking about!!!
are you planning verticle or horizontal on the edge!!!
have you conciderd the matching laminate quadrant

of have you conciderd real wood veneer

big-all said:
heeellooo and welcome lozzywoz :eek: ;)

what radius are you talking about!!!
are you planning verticle or horizontal on the edge!!!
have you conciderd the matching laminate quadrant

of have you conciderd real wood veneer

Hi Big-all

The Diametr is 1600mm and I was planning to fit the boards vertically, but on thinking about it, it won't give me the required smooth curve finish.

I have already purchased the Oak coloured boards (Quick-Step Perspective 4) so I guess what I need is 3 things:

a) what to fix to the inner edge of the hole.
b) what to use as a corner protector.
c) where to get it from.

Thanks for any help

Nev

have you actualy filled in the gap between floor and ceiling round the hole or is this what your planning to do with the laminate!!!!!

you will have approx 53 bits round the opening so youll have 7 degree change in angle between each piece[360%div by 52= 7%]

can only suggest you connect several pieces together to see what they look like

also your edging is going to have a mm or 2 gap on the board joins as the middle sticks out!!!

Sponsored Links
Hi there curving the edge could be done with Top trim from Quantum profiles. this is a plastic section which can be curved. unfortuatly they stoped doing a wood effect section recently due to lack of sales it is available in brown.

regards Steve. :LOL:

url removed please see 14 forum rules

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back