cylinder stat overriding programmer after new diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a gas c/h and h/w boiler, with a storage tank.

Drayton diverter valve packed up so replaced it with an item from Honeywell, thought it was a better quality replacement, i was advised that the wiring would be the same, so i wired the honeywell in the same way as the drayton was.

What i now have is the central heating works as normal from the programmer with the room stat.

The hot water no longer works off the programmer but seems to be on all the time, the only way to control it is by the cylinder stat.

I know there cant be a lot wrong here just a wire in the wrong place i think, because everything is working but the control of hot water is not quite what it was.

Any help or ideas thanks very much..

steve :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the cylinder stat common is accidentally connected to a permanent live, rather than the output of the programmer.

The grey wire at the valve should go live when either the hot water turned off at the programmer, or when the cylinder stat is satisfied.

the cylinder stat common is wired to a perm live, it has always been like this to the best of my knowledge,

I have tested for one that goes live when stat is satisfied but cannot find it, its strange but the wiring diagram that came with the new valve looks nothing like what i have here.

my cylinder stat common and 1of the poles of the cyl stat switch (blue one) are wired together with the grey valve wire and the white from the progrmmer all these wires go to the same terminal in the wiring block.

scottish power came out yesterday and inspected the system to take on a contract but said they would not take on the 3 way switch, quoted me 265 so i said no thanks.It was working fine until a three days ago,

the cylinder stat common is wired to a perm live, it has always been like this to the best of my knowledge,
thats wrong then it should be on hw on from programmer.

if its always been like it the n the programmer would never of had any control over it.

I have tested for one that goes live when stat is satisfied but cannot find it, its strange but the wiring diagram that came with the new valve looks nothing like what i have here.

c common
1 stat calling
2 stat satisfied.

my cylinder stat common and 1of the poles of the cyl stat switch (blue one) are wired together with the grey valve wire and the white from the progrmmer all these wires go to the same terminal in the wiring block.

thats wrong

Sponsored Links
i realise it is wrong, i am trying to rectify but not sure how to, cant find a wiring diagram anywhere for the sunvic sp100,

Not sure how it worked before but it did, perhaps i crossed a wire, but i changed the wires one for one when i swapped the valve out. doesnt mean i havnt crossed them tho !! only barely human after all..

thanks for the advice so far, any more for anymore ?? thanks steve

programmer.
locate the wire that becomes live when hw on. no 2 in programmer.
locate the wire that becomes live when hw off. no 1 in programmer

hw on wire into common on stat in connector block.
hw off wire into no 2 on stat and grey from valve into connector block
wire from 1 on stat to orange in connector block

Never mind the old valve, let's get the new one sorted out.

CH ON at programmer -> room stat in: room stat out -> white wire on valve

HW ON at programmer -> cyl stat common

HW OFF at programmer -> grey wire on valve

cyl stat call -> orange wire on valve

cyl stat satisfied -> grey wire on valve

orange wire on valve -> switched live to boiler.

Don't worry too much about conforming to any standard wiring diagram - if the right things are connected together in the right way, it will be electrically equivalent and will work.

Thanks very much for your help i seem to have it sorted now, i have moved the, heads way to confused to know what ivw moved but i know have

hot water through the programmer
centrsl heating through the programmer and room stat.

Thanks for keeping me going through that been on it all day.

thanks very much.

steve :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back