Damage to architrave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The architrave around a door has been damaged by coathahgers being hung over the door. There are lots of little indents. What is the best product to fill these and get a nice clean cornered finish.

I know its probably obvious to some of you but your answers save me time through trial and error.

Thanks as always in advance.

Mike.

Sponsored Links
imo.one time filler,its a chalky filler that drys fairly smoothly then you can sand it and paint over.

imo.one time filler,its a chalky filler that drys fairly smoothly then you can sand it and paint over.

That was my first thought..only thing is though it is a bit soft and if the same situation happens again it will fall out.

Two pack might be a bit more durable.

with 2 pack you can end up sanding down rather a lot if you put too much in :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Agreed you can end up with a lot of sanding, but if you go in with a knife/chisel/etc about 2 mins after application it is easily carved to shape. the other advantage to two-pack is it sets so quick its no hassle to do a second or third fill to clear up any imperfections.

I work on a lot of older buildings mostly with those 10 - 12" composite architraves. Generally the top section has been trashed over the years with repeated change of curtain rails. Two-pack is perfect for this and the price is more than offset by the time savings and the shapes you can carve into it.

Use car body filler. Used it already today to repair window sill. Get big tin for less than £20. Lasts years. Wouldn't be without it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back