Damp or Condensation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Wonder if you could help me please. We recently removed a couple of large wardrobes from our bedroom (exterior) wall. Property is a bungalow. The pictures are from the worst affected side of the room. The wardrobe back was up against the exterior wall (furthest right wall), the side of the wardrobe was up against the pipe box (black mould at bottom, dampness further up). The blue wallpaper border is around 1.3m in height, and the damp patch extends slightly above this. The interior wall (furthest left) has a similar pattern - previously there was a chest of drawers that was sat here. The skirtings all seem fine, as is the carpet. Nothing feels damp and the plaster behind the paper seems sound. Just a fusty smell.
Pulling other items of furniture away from other walls of the room indicates similar looking damp patches.
I was planning to get a professional in to take a look but I don't want to get taken for a ride...maybe I've answered my own question but can all of this be caused just by condensation?
Thanks
Alex
[/img]

Sponsored Links
I reckon it's typical condensation. Damp expert? Charlatan more like.

Sponsored Links
It's mould spotting, caused by condensation.

If it is difficult to deal with by normal measures, then if that is a service duct, then it may need insulating

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back