Damp under underlay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,
I wonder if anyone can give me advice, Im about to decorate a bedroom in the bungalow (1950's) after lifting the carpet I found a mouldy/musty type smell. When I took up the underlay I found that under one strip the floorboards seemed to be damp and sticky. All the underlay is treadair, but it was brown rubber backed over the sticky patch, and green over the dry boards. I got under the floor and all was dry and air bricks clear. I also have a few mouldy patches on the wall near the skirting. I have washed the boards with a detergent/ water but still the same - feels slightly sticky to the touch and looks damp. Has this piece of underlay made the boards sweat, and how do I get rid of it? any ideas would be appreciated.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes have a cat but if it could 'p' in perfect squares like this I would put it in the circus! No I think it must be some sort of resin coming from the underlay. I have sanded some of it off and it stays dry. think I'm probably worried about nothing.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back