Danger places to have a service cutout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Asset condition code A15 has a list of clearly dangerous places to have a service cutout.
Mocopa guidance for service technicians pdf
You discover that the service position is unsafe and poses an immediate risk to the Customer
or public. Examples of unsafe locations include:
 In a shower, near a toilet or reaching distance from a bath.
 In a flooded cellar.
 Where there is petrol or other flammable materials, which cannot be removed by the
Customer.
 Near a car jet washing facility that is not adequately protected.
 In close proximity to machinery, making it unsafe to work on the service.
 Where the structure to which the service is attached is in danger of collapse.
 Buildings that are not secure against third party access, e.g. abandoned warehouses.
Spot the odd one out....
near a toilet
??? Is that an April Fool or did someone actually get a nasty shock after using poor aim?

Sponsored Links
Could have been the meter operator got a nasty shock after coming to read the meter after curry night:sick:

Ho, ho, ho

Santa

Asset condition code A15 has a list of clearly dangerous places to have a service cutout.
Buildings that are not secure against third party access, e.g. abandoned warehouses.
How does that fit with modern requirements to have the cutout and meter outside, accessible to everyone with no security, and open to the weather when the door and/or latch gets broken (or just isn't closed properly) ?

Sponsored Links
If the door was off,I guess it would get reported to the dno.
I suppose the dno has a lower rate of issues with occupied domestic houses with outdoor meeting positions than with abandoned insecure buildings. More likely to get theft of electricity that way for sure.

There’s a major substation somewhat near me, fairly sure WPD use it for some level of stores, there’s always a few vans coming and going. On the road to get to said substation (dead end road) there’s an abandonded building basically falling down with no roof with a 3P&N cutout that you could reach from the footpath if you really tried.

I’ve noticed it so at least one of those guys must have. Must be a case of “until it gets reported, don’t get involved!”

More likely to get theft of electricity that way for sure.

Electricity can't be stolen. It is still there. It can be misused though. There was a theft of electricity court case thrown out for this very reason.

"Theft Act 1968
13 Abstracting of electricity.
A person who dishonestly uses without due authority, or dishonestly causes to be wasted or diverted, any electricity shall on conviction on indictment be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years."

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/60/section/13

I'll bear that in mind if that information is ever useful in my life

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back