David Clegg or Nick Cameron?

L

longdogs

I listened to a whole interview on the radio this morning thinking I was listening to David Cameron - turned out to be Nick Clegg. Cloned or what!!

Sponsored Links
This going to be the most difficult election ever for me, not sure if I can bring myself to vote for a politician.

If you don't like the idea of voting for the Tories or Labour, vote for one of the remaining.

The worst thing you can do is waste your vote then grumble about the result.

At least if you vote for someone else you are registering your support for them and consequently, your dislike of the others.

New labour have treated the British public with contempt, they reneged on the promised referendum on our continuing membership of the EU
They have given our national identity away.
The party that gets my vote will be the one, that gives the referndum and abides by the outcome.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
New labour have treated the British public with contempt, they reneged on the promised referendum on our continuing membership of the EU
The party that gets my vote will be the one, that gives the referndum and abides by the outcome.

Wotan

That's my thinking too.

Wotan

That's my thinking too.

The problems with referen'dumb's is that most people who vote in them have no idea of the complexities they are voting on....and lets be honest most will vote whichever way their paper tells them to.

I'd rather have a government that rules for the people and if that involves ignoring the uneducated mass opinion to actually benefit these same dumbfounded people...so be it.

Until everyone that votes in one can prove they know as much about the subject as the politicians, then i'd rather not have referendums...
After all just look at the general elections...for the last decade and a half we haven't had the smartest choices have we.

No, the biggest problem is that we cannot vote this way because there is no guarantee that any party will push through a referendum.

Remember Labour's promise?

I would like to see a 'Hung' parliament. Who should we hang first?

Nick Clegg? David Cameron? - they're both Tony Blair clones really.

No, the biggest problem is that we cannot vote this way because there is no guarantee that any party will push through a referendum.

Remember Labour's promise?

Who'd want a sodding referendum? This isn't the cleverest nation.

Wotan

That's my thinking too.

The problems with referen'dumb's is that most people who vote in them have no idea of the complexities they are voting on....and lets be honest most will vote whichever way their paper tells them to.

I'd rather have a government that rules for the people and if that involves ignoring the uneducated mass opinion to actually benefit these same dumbfounded people...so be it.

Until everyone that votes in one can prove they know as much about the subject as the politicians, then i'd rather not have referendums...
After all just look at the general elections...for the last decade and a half we haven't had the smartest choices have we.
So accepting what you say in principle, is there any point in voting at all?
Or could it be that if there were a referendum and the vote was for leaving, our esteemed politicians might be giving away the MEP gravy train?

Wotan

So accepting what you say in principle, is there any point in voting at all?
Or could it be that if there were a referendum and the vote was for leaving, our esteemed politicians might be giving away the MEP gravy train?

Wotan

Well, yes, because each party represents a slightly different view, one which is researched and is their life's work.

A plumber wouldn't allow a public vote of non plumbing people to decide what way he should install central heating, so why should government allow laymen to decide critical details?

You decide the general direction you want the country to go down, and the politicians find the best way to do that.

We're the holiday maker, they are the pilot. While we decide where we are going, they decide what switches to press and levers to pull. I'd hate to think anyone without a clue would be given control of the plane because a majority of the passengers want him to.

Sponsored Links
Back