DEATH TRAP BOILER FROM HELL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!
As you can see from the title I'm having a spot of trouble with my boiler. Its a BAXI BERMUDA 57/3M. While my central heatiung works fine I'm getting no hot water. When the system is switched to hot water only the boiler fires but cuts out after about 10 secs. I know very little about this kinda thing and have only just moved into the house so have few details on the boiler itself.
ALSO!
the boiler is set in the chimney with the control section in the opening. I've since been told this is a deathtrap as it should have a fire front on and that gas cannot escape and I'm lucky to still be alive! Is this true? Can any type of fire front be added? Theres a constant(quiet) hissing noise from the boiler even when the CH isnt on. Can I add some kind of flue instead?

Any help is gratefully received!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
If you are saying you have just the back boiler part of a fire and back boiler unit then there is a fair chance it will be dangerous due to the fact that the person who removed the fire and left the back boiler in operation is a tit. It is not allowed to be done because the back boiler unit has never been designed to operate under those condtions.

Dead right. Baxi will tell you what fores you can/must have. The constant hissing is the pilot.
Any corgi seeing whatyou have would turn off and put a warning notice on it or cap the meter off. If you just bought the house this should have been disclosed so sue the ass off the vendor. Getting a fire (assuming one is still available) and fitting it will cost you a few hundred quid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back