Decent price for 3.5L of Easy 1 two pack filler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I normally buy 2 pack filler in 3.5L tins.

My local decorators' merchant charges about £38 for 3.5L of Upol Easy 1- my preferred 2 pack filler. I needed another tin recently. The going rate on Ebay was about £26 inc del. I then discovered that Zoro is selling it for £19.50 and free delivery if you bump up the total purchase to £20. I purchased a tin and a small bottle of super glue. The order tuned up two days later.

Unfortunately..... They, Zoro, are now charging £32 for an item that I got for £19.50 last week. I guess that their algorithms drop the price on certain items when they haven't sold for a while and whack them back up as soon as someone buys one.

I have come across the same thing on Amazon many times. I once purchased a grey weight roll of 80g grit of Klinspor (50m) aluminium oxide paper for £8 (incl del). I regret not buying 5 rolls at the time. In my defence, on that occasion, I had never used that particular abrasive (at the point of purchase). With hindsight, it really is a good product and I should have, given that I had little to loose.

The Zoro order, I hadn't realised that they use the same kind of dynamic pricing. I think they might be a marketplace. I will check out their site again, but not to purchase Upol at that price.

Oh... I have in the past had really good bargains on Amazon via the "warehouse" section- products that have been sent back to Amazon and cannot be sold as new. I once got 5L of Owatrol oil for £80 (currently £150 at Brewers) because the tin had a big dent in the base. My android Amazon app will not let me exclusively search the warehouse, on my browser I can though. Yeah, it was lockdown 1.0 and I went through about 200 pages. I was bored...

Sponsored Links
Car panel repair trade counter. You know the sort that also sells car paints ect.
They sell and I have bought from there cheap

Just looked and paintwell or decorating direct are about £27

My local paint trade counters are too expensive.

£44 for gardz the other day. My fault for not ordering online in advance

Car panel repair trade counter. You know the sort that also sells car paints ect.
They sell and I have bought from there cheap

Just looked and paintwell or decorating direct are about £27

My local paint trade counters are too expensive.

£44 for gardz the other day. My fault for not ordering online in advance

A mate used to own a car paint store. He used to charge me about £13 for 3.5L.

Actually, I have just noticed that it is only £23.49 at Halfords at the moment (inc delivery).

I used to find that car paint stores were wayyyy cheaper but these days the marginal difference seems to be smaller.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back