Decking Balustrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all can I but Balustrade that can be screwed to flat decking rather than having to fit them to the edges?
If so can you direct me to the place where I can buy them.

Sponsored Links
Hello all can I but Balustrade that can be screwed to flat decking rather than having to fit them to the edges?
If so can you direct me to the place where I can buy them.

Hmmm interesting you should ask such a question...the answer is yes, no, maybe... please come back for more help !!! :eek:

hmmmmm more help please

i need to be able to screw the posts direct to the flat decking rather than to the side save digging up the new turf etc

I reckon you could have fixing issues if you intend to screw the posts direct to the deck - putting screws in at an angle isn't the easiest or most secure way.
Often the deck posts you buy are notched to allow fixing through the side (Wickes 548-084) but maybe metal posts (Wickes 194-510) could be something to consider.
John :)

Sponsored Links
You could try bolt down Metposts HERE and use some decking off-cuts to wrap around and disguise them. Ideally your posts should go through the deck and be connected to it's framework to offer far more stability.
If you go down the Metpost route, they are usually available at most DIY stores.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back