decking on top of scaffolding boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have at present a summer house at the bottom of the garden and the previous owner used scaffolding boards for decking and when it rains they are leathal to walk on so I have just had some new decking. These are my questions, 1) can I just lay the decking ontop of the old S/Bs and if so would it create problems later on :( , like retaing water between the two boards and causing them to rot :( . 2) Or should I rip up the S/Bs and start afresh :confused:

Sponsored Links
If you can't start afresh, as suggested, you could just carefully staple fine chicken wire over all of the scaffold boards. Put down tightly it makes a fine antislip tread.

Sponsored Links
as long as you realise decking boards will get nearly as slippery and slimey as the scafold boards without washing and maintainance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back