Defaulting / resetting alarm access codes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think (hope) I already know this answer to this but would like confirmation...

I've got an Eaton i-on30ex alarm system installed in my house. I need to enter the installer menu but don't know what the code is - I've only got the user code for setting the alarm on/off etc.

Been reading the manual and it gives the steps for defaulting access codes back to factory defaults. I'm ok doing this but want to know if it's only the user info/fobs that are reset and all other system settings and configuration remain unchanged?

Basically, all I want to do is reset the access codes so I can enter installer mode but don't want to reset the entire system.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You can reset the codes by using the "Reset Codes" link jumper on the main PCB. This is a small 2-prong jumper. If I remember correctly, it is on the right-hand side of the main PCB. You can use this link to reset the installer's and all user codes. Any fobs, hold-up devices and remote controls will also be deleted and will have to be reprogrammed.

To reset the codes:

1. Remove the main power to the control unit.
2. Remove the lid of the control unit (the tamper must be activated for the procedure to work. If you are on a monitored system, a tamper signal will be sent to them).
3. Disconnect the battery.
4. Place a jumper across the Reset Codes (Kick-Start) link.
5. While shorting the Reset Codes Link, reconnect the battery and keep the short in place until you see the following on the keypad/alarm unit screen:
NEW INSTALLER CODE < >
6. Enter a code you want to use for the installer code. Confirm when prompted.
7. Enter a code you want to use for the master user code. Confirm when prompted.
8. Remove the jumper across the link.
9. Close the lid.
10. Reconnect the mains supply

Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back