DeLonghi Oven not getting hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We inherited a DeLonghi ESS 601 Ceramic cooker when we moved house. It is a single fan oven with a Halogen hob on top.

The oven is just not getting hot. The hob works fine (I know this because my wife tested it with her hand :eek: and we spent most of the night down Accident and Emergency) and the grill in the oven is fine. The light turns on and the fan works.

Is this a simple fixable problem? I would like to find out before I go down the service route. The problem is I do not have any documents apart from the manual.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think the oven element has gone. This is usually found around the fan blade at the rear of the oven, it could be the thermostat but most probably the element. You need to check you are getting voltage at the element terminals.

racket said:
I think the oven element has gone. This is usually found around the fan blade at the rear of the oven, it could be the thermostat but most probably the element. You need to check you are getting voltage at the element terminals.

It does sound more like the element. Is that an easy job or new cooker time? Great, just in time for Christmas :rolleyes:

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Not that much of a job, you need to remove oven from it's housing and remove the back panel, you will see the element connections there. The heater has nuts holding the the element in place but it's removed from inside the oven.

Good luck :LOL:

Thanks for the responses. Found the part online and not as expensive as I thought. Will have a go this weekend, should be fun! :confused:

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me joining in, the info could well be relevant to the OP.

I too have a Delonghi range cooker and all of a sudden the oven stopped getting hot. Light came on, fan came on, grill still works but no heat. Removed the back and used multimeter to check for voltage at the element but nothing. So I am hoping someone can tell me where the thermostat is and what it looks like...

To the OP, if you haven't already bought element, try testing fir voltage at the terminals. I was about to buy an element but it looks like it isn't that.

Thanks,
Seabro.

Lol check the dates of the posts first, I suspect they may have had a few cold dinners since originally posted. (2005)

Check the continuity through the element first to be sure, it is usually around 27 ohms.

If you got a faulty element you may not get a path for the voltage to flow round so you will not get a 240 volt reading. Try going from the element to the chassis or earth point and see what you get.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back