Dents in Skirting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

As a leisure vehicle repairer I tend to be a bit over fussy when it comes to preping before decorating !!

I am wondering what you use/think is the best method of repairing dent in previously painted skirtings boards. Most products I have tried don't go to a fine edge.

They will be undercoated and then satinwood, but I need to get them looking good first, any ideas please ?

Many thanks

Stoyer

Sponsored Links
Can't believe you haven't thought of it. Car body filler.

Can't believe you haven't thought of it. Car body filler.

Ive used car body filler to fill dents/holes in wood for 30+ years, easy to use, easy to rub down & a very good finish.

Me too but it seems to be one of the best kept secrets in the decorating game,

Sponsored Links
Hi All,

Yeah I have tried that, but its set by the time I get home !! :LOL:

Honestly - I did think of that but I thought - better not ask that question, will get laughed off the forum !!

Will try it next time - thanks for the tip.

Keep up the great work you guys do here.

Stoyer.

p.s. - What primer would you use, to get a good blend and not have it stand out ?

The other beauty of the epoxy resins is that you can carve it to shape.

Give it a minute or so when it just starts to go off and trim with a snappy-knife, give it another couple of minutes (by which stage it is too hard to carve) and you can tidy it up with sandpaper - if you've missed a bit or want to build it up a bit more you can still paint within ten minutes.

Brilliant for repairing damaged beading - especially older window frames where the top corners have been trashed by several decades of new curtain rails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back