DIAGNAL DECKING HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to build my first 20ft x 20ft deck at the bottom of my garden. Area is pretty flat with a very, very slight slope. I am planning to use a diagnal pattern for the deck boards and obviously need more than one board spanning corner to corner. I know that the joists should be 12 inches apart but do I need to worry about the end of each board attaching to the joists. Do I cut it at a 45 degree angle or just let each board end between joists? Would you recommend a very long 4.8m board or shrter 3.6 meter boards and how should these be staggered to look the best? Thanks for any help. T

Sponsored Links
Each end of each board must be supported. Your joist work will be at 90deg to your boards, so ensure a double joist occurs at the intended meeting point. Or, as said, be more creative wih the pattern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back