digistat rf3 not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
my husband and I bought a house with a digistat rf wireless system already installed. We've tried to program the thing, but the red light on the scr stays on. We have tried everything on the manual, but it stays on.
Any suggestions? I've looked all over the internet for a Belgian distributor but can't seem to find any. So you're basically my last resort...

Sponsored Links
It could be that the reciever and transmitter have stopped talking to each other. First, replace the batteries, but do not slide the holders back into the RF3. Switch the electrics off to the boiler. Switch back on again, then press button 1 on the receiver. This is the manual override. The boiler should now work in heating mode. Press No.1 again to switch off.
Now press No.2 for a second and whilst holding the button, press No. 1 for a few seconds. The Red light should flash. Holding the RF3, slide the right hand battery tray in first, then the left hand tray - you should be at least a metre away from the reciever.
The two units should now be able to 'talk' to each other and you can follow the instructions to programme in your on - off times.

Ok, i've tried that but it still doesn't work. We can't seem to switch of the red light. That is, it's off as long as we push the button, but from the moment we let go it turns back on...

Try turning off the power (at the spur/plug) for the boiler and doing as above, sometimes takes a second to reset itself.

Sponsored Links
on the battery unit drop the batteries out and press up / down until the display disapears then reset as per instructions this work most of the time but these units are often a pain to reset

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back