DIGISTAT RF3 PROBLEMS..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New to the forum, so Hi, and all the best for the new year to all.
I have an RF3 DIGISTAT (Drayton) that on the reciever the red light is constant, the only way to turn it on at present is by pushing the top button, manual overide, the sending unit seems ok and the batteries are fine, am I consigned to getting a new one (costly) or am i just as well getting one of the cheaper old-fashioned `dial-type` ones fitted, or, as i am hoping, one of you good people know what the secret is of getting these two units talking to each other again (candle lit meal is NOT an option). any help really appreciated.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Have you followed the instructions on how to re-establish the communication?

You have to follow the instructions to the letter!

Tony

tony, i appreciate you getting back, i have tried, whats the secret? am i missing something? HEEEEELP!

It could be faulty!

I assume you have disconnected the power to the receiver before following the procedure with the sender unit?

I do have to say that I find very few people seem able to follow the set up instructions!

Tony

Sponsored Links
tony, how will it work if disconnected from the mains supply?

i know i am a numpty, but i am not too bad at table-tennis...we all have something to offer! if you do not get back today, have a good night and best wishes for 2009.

It won't, but is part of the procedure sometimes.

The receiver has to be set to 'learn' mode and the stat unit must be dead for a while, then the battery compartments inserted in the order stated in the MI's, which unfortunately I can never remember until I read the MI's.

Do as Tony says, read them and follow them to the letter. Also make sure that your batteries are in tip top condition.

If this still fails then it sounds like a faulty unit. I have had quite a few problems with these :mad:

I had a similar problem with an RF3, the red light would not go off, I could not get the receiver and transmitter to communicate no matter what I did. I was about to give up and order a new unit at about £100 when I somehow thought to check the battery compartments and sure enough on one side there was a small patch of green corrosion. I cleaned it off in a few seconds and sure enough, when I reset the it worked perfectly first time - Thought I'd share because that simple check saved me a bundle of cash!! Good luck!!!! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back