Dimmer Switch Is this right?

When I got a dual varilight Pro, they were mounted alternately up/down.

I assumed to make wiring easier, as it makes no difference to the function.

Although yours does look odd with the slightly different middle unit.

Risk of Amazon. Although, if it works...

Sponsored Links
They should be all the same though.
If they are all the same part number I wouldn't be concerned, different batches of modules being in stock at assembly time is a common occurrance.
It's a total PITA in industries where every component has to have a documented/traceable record such as aviation but a domestic dimmer really doesn't matter as long as they all behave the same.

If they are all the same part number I wouldn't be concerned, different batches of modules being in stock at assembly time is a common occurrance.
It's a total PITA in industries where every component has to have a documented/traceable record such as aviation but a domestic dimmer really doesn't matter as long as they all behave the same.

Yep, I would doubt anyone would ever notice once it is installed, no one is ever going to remove the plate, to look for a mismatch.

Sponsored Links
@Bobbya82

Maybe the upside down one contains a secret camera that will track you every time you watch I’m A Celebrity.
Come the revolution, you’ll be the first up against the wall!!

Sorry for the sarcasm but, mate, you worry too much.

PS Serious safety note.
That metal front plate must be connected to earth.

Was it factory sealed when arrived? I bought 2 gang Varilight Vpro this week from SF and it was tight sealed with a leaflet inside.

The dual dimmers are always one up / one down, as the spindles are offset to one side. It's not possible to have both the same way up due to the spacing of the holes in the faceplate.
Same applies to the 4 gang dimmers.

3 gang can be either way as the space between the holes is larger.
Indeed. It's one of the dangers of selling to civilians instead of Electrical Contractors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back