DIMMER SWITCH WIRING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Having looked through previous posts, I can't find an answer to this specific problem/query.

I'm trying to replace my kitchen switch (bog standard single switch) with a dimmer switch. The dimmer I have is a 2 way with 60w min and 400w max. It has a metal face. The wiring on it is L1, L2 and a squiggly line with an arrow through. There is also an earth terminal on the face.

The old switch has a red wire in L1 and black in L2. There is also an earth wire wired up to the back plate. There is only one switch operating the kitchen light.

Can someone tell me how I should wire this dimmer up, including whether I need to remove the earth wire from the back plate and wire it up to the face of the dimmer?

My wife is giving me very disappointed looks, as she can't understand how men aren't born knowing this stuff, but I'm more what you call the artistic type, not practical at all.

So please, save my marriage and my life!

Thanks,

Jamie

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back