Dimmer Switch with 4-Gang

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am finding a "Dimmer Switch with 4-gang", I have been searching this type of switch for months, from high street shops to e-bay, but still have no hope.

Basically I have 4 sets of normal lights (wall lights and kitchen lights etc) and 6 ceiling downlights. I want to wire those 6 downlights to a dimmer switch while the rest wire to the 4 gang switchs

Would be grateful if you can let me know if you know where I can find this type of switch. Thank you

KML

P.S Can 6 ceiling downlights wire to one dimmer switch? sorry I don't have much experience in light wiring. Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Would be grateful if you can let me know if you know where I can find this type of switch. Thank you
One of these:

plus 1 dimmer module, 4 switch modules and 1 blank.

Other grid systems and other sellers are available.

P.S Can 6 ceiling downlights wire to one dimmer switch? sorry I don't have much experience in light wiring. Cheers!
That depends entirely on the total load of the lights compared to what the dimmer can handle (de-rated if necessary for the type of lights), and assuming that they can be dimmed in the first place.

What sort are they, and watt whattage ( :LOL: ) ?

"Dimmer Switch with 4-gang", ....I have 4 sets of normal lights (wall lights and kitchen lights etc) and 6 ceiling downlights. I want to wire those 6 downlights to a dimmer switch while the rest wire to the 4 gang switchs
MK make a 4 gang inline grid and plate, you will also need 3 grid switches and the grid dimmer.
I have to say that I really do think that a 6-gang plate with 4 switches, a dimmer and a blank would look a lot neater than a 4-gang one with 3 switches and a dimmer, and then a separate 1-gang switch next to it to make up the 4th one...

;)

Sponsored Links
Something to watch out for: the larger MK dimmer module is two modules wide. The two module wide dimmers WILL NOT FIT in the 3 module grid (used with the 3,6 module and 9 module plates) because it places the modules further apar than the other size.

Also i'm not sure if even the larger MK dimmer module is big enough for 6 50W downlights.

Something to watch out for: the larger MK dimmer module is two modules wide. The two module wide dimmers WILL NOT FIT in the 3 module grid (used with the 3,6 module and 9 module plates) because it places the modules further apar than the other size.

Also i'm not sure if even the larger MK dimmer module is big enough for 6 50W downlights.

richmond make a 500w rated grid dimmer that'll fit, be mindfull of the depth though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back