Dining chair makeover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

Am now on the final leg of my refurb (6 beech chairs) and I am very pleased with the result so far (back to bare wood). Applying the finish is next but I don’t want to apply anything that is either spray or a paint brush applied.

Having now seen what was hiding beneath the old brown stain and varnish, I want to apply something that protects/seals but doesn’t affect the colour (like varnishes that can ‘yellow’ over time - assuming you can apply them without runs and brush marks)!

Hardwax oil (eg. Osmo) looks like the way to go although it’s b expensive and needs a lot of elbow grease! Anyone used it or know of an alternate? You can apply it using a cloth - again anyone had experience using that method (what cloth did you use)?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I've used beeswax applied with fine wirewool or a nylon scourer type of pad and also put Briwax on the same way and then buff and polish up with cloth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back