Directional Tyres

Years ago, we used to do a qualification consisting entirely of those three units. In conjunction with a local employment agency, we trained and qualified pre-selected/interviwed students in those three units and they were guaranteed a job with Kwik-Fit as soon as they passed.

That must be a down south thing.

Sponsored Links
When I was a (petrol) 'pump jockey' many years ago, school boy Saturday job, for a family garage business mending punctures and replacing tyres was part of the job. Used to average 1 tyre every weekend. Mind you that was in the late 1960's.
Manual tool to take the tyre off and put on. Inner Tubes was the worst job. Even had to balance the tyre/wheel assembly manually.

I have serious problems with anyone who advises anyone else to smear copper grease on the backs of brake pads. I often use this as a method to test their capabilities.

"PUT THE TOOL DOWN. STEP AWAY FROM THE MOTORCYCLE"

That must be a down south thing.
It was just a localised thing with just one branch of Reed employment agency in East London. I think they got funding from the local authority and it was targeted towards getting the unemployed back into work. They got a set amount per person and we got a chunk of that. The funding only lasted about 9 months.

Sponsored Links
It was just a localised thing with just one branch of Reed employment agency in East London. I think they got funding from the local authority and it was targeted towards getting the unemployed back into work. They got a set amount per person and we got a chunk of that. The funding only lasted about 9 months.
Thought I’d never heard of it up here. I’ve got 12 years with kwik fit for my sins. The last 7 years as a manager and then stand in area manager.

It’s a well set up company. I just felt like a salesman in the end though.

Back