Directional valve and pump - any advise please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,
I have a glow-worm Mk 11 and when the C/H is turned on the hot water heats up as well. This is a problem we have lived with as all was working to some extent until now.
Put the C/H on today and noticed a louder than normal noise coming from the pump, I think !
Everything seems to be working electrically when turning it on and off apart from the new louder noise and having no C/H or H/W.
Was thinking that the directional valve for C/H and H/W was faulty as well as the pump, sorry if I have got the part names wrong or the potential problem but would appreciate any advice and how to fix.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick response, have just checked the header tank as suggested and yes its empty.
Have looked in several posts with this problem but haven't found any that were empty so far with a solution. Do I need to replace the pipe or can I give it a poke or something, although I don't think mine is long enough for that hehe.

Thanks,
Hammish.

Sponsored Links
Done exactly that and gave it a shake, the ball cock dropped and started to fill, yippee ! If only I could do that with me wallet :D

Even the direction valve is working again as I unscrewed the housing and gave that a shake as well.
Going to get new ball valve tomorrow before my luck runs out.

Thanks for the help guys
Cheers,
Hammish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back