Disconnecting and reconnecting gas oven hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, im new to forum so go easy on me!

Im replacing my worktop in my kitchen but before I start taken sinks out and ripping worktops off im starting to plan ahead, I have a quiestion about the oven hob.

I have a intgrated oven and the hob seperatly fitted into the worktop.
What I want is too;

1. disconnect the oven hob and taken it off
2. Take off worktop and fit new one
3. Reconnect oven hob

I didnt connect the oven hob, when I bought the house it was already there.

The hob is gas, question is,
Is it easy to disconnect and reconnect?
How do you do it?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Its easy for me to do it safely because I am trained yo work on gas and registered with CORGI.

For safety reasons I cannot give advice on gas work on a public forum as it would be inappropriate advice and if anyone blew themselves up as a result then I could be blamed.

So the only advice I can give you is to get a competent CORGi to help you.

Tony

depends id expect it to be anything between £60 - £150 depending who cuts the worktop

Sponsored Links
We are in London with the consequent traffic and parking problems so travel is more time consuming and so expensive.

If we expect to be given the job of reconnecting a new hob after the hole has been cut by others then we charge £35 to visit and cap off the old supply and advise on any regulations which need to be met.

Flats need cookers or hobs with flame failure devices!

No body seems sure but tenants might need those in any property and its certainly a good safety feature to have anyway.

We would then charge about £65 to reconnect the new hob.

Those are all prices in our local area and its assumed that parking is not a problem.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back