Disgusting behaviour by council

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I was on a job today at some council offices - ones that deal with recycling projects etc. When we were near complete, I asked where the cardboard bin was and was pointed in the direction of some of those beg industrial wheely bin things, I then asked which bin I threw general rubbish in (the empty McDonalds bags etc from lunch) and was told they all go in the same bin! I got to the bin and I couldnt believe it, paper, cardboard, plastig, you name it it was in there, and this from the same council that are threating to fine people fpr not recycling, and worst of all, from the building in which they come up with these schemes! How the heck is that right ?!

Sponsored Links
Agreed. They ought to clean up their act. My company recycles all its carboard and plastic. I'm currently campaigning to get recycling for paper, 'cos thats the third biggest waste product.

a little telephone call to the local paper may be a good idea....i would!

I might just, I took a pic of it on my moby but have also lost my bluetooth dongle so cant do a lot till I get a new one - I'll be sure to post the pic on here, I hope the recycle poster above the bin shows up !

Sponsored Links
Most recycling isn't reycled. Around here it is burnt in a big incinerator to provide heating for council houses.

I've also heard that tins are simply dumped as it isn't econoimically viable to seperate the steel from the tin coating and the inner plastic liner.

joe-90 said:
I've also heard that tins are simply dumped as it isn't econoimically viable to seperate the steel from the tin coating and the inner plastic liner.
Whats your source? Its not just you being cynical?

joe-90 said:
Most recycling isn't reycled. Around here it is burnt in a big incinerator to provide heating for council houses.

That`s the cynical bit .....bleedin Th****er Lover :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back