Dishwasher arm plugged

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a whisper clean dishwasher and the middle spray arm keeps getting plugged with plastic and food. The top and bottom arm works fine. I assume this is due to the top and bottom arm having larger holes. Either way I am not sure how to resolve the middle arm problem. I have removed it and cleaned it many times. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
yes, rinse the things before you put them in.

I am being serious, i shall expalin.

I used to work for a white goods company, and i was trained only to fix "home laundry" the bloke i was "trainee to" fixed dishwashers too,he told me the following

tomato ketchup will stain the plastic in a dishwasher pink
mix cutlery up (so that two forks can not go on top of each other)
dish washers are NOT waste disposal units*

Thats all i know about dishwashers (and i dont have one)

* he said quite often the arms would get jammed, sometimes the pump, because of food left on plates, they (the plates) should be rinsed off to remove any left over / stuck on food FIRST because it is a washer not a disposal unit. he said so if any one asks why the arms get clogged , you can now tell them, any thing else book a call

as you said getting plugged with plastic and food if you rinsed the food off it will not happen

Thanks for the answer. I can understand that the food not getting rinsed can cause a problem, and I can make sure that gets done better. However, I don't understand where the plastic is coming from. This plastic is similar to the plastic you see on grocery bags and sandwich bags.

Im going to do a good check to see is any plastic is stuck in the system, but if I can't find anything, does anybody have any more ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back