Dishwasher help (Bosch)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Bosch Logixx Dishwasher (SGS66A02GB/17) which doesnt seem to be working correctly. It basically makes a whirring noise (which I assume is the pump) but is not actually spraying water inside. The water hose is all working and the tap is on(!) and when you start the cycle it whirrs, the time remaining stays at 117 minutes (or whatever cycle you choose) and it carries on whirring until switched off.
Occasionally it will work (maybe once every 3 days) but will always stop at 1 minute remaining (never finishes the cycle) and continues whirring again until switched off. Tried resetting it but this just changes the time remaining to 0 and does nothing else. Is there any fault codes or a means of diagnosing the problem, or a way to reset the dishwasher completely, rather than just the cycle?.
Could it be an airlock or the flood sensor? There doesnt seem to be much water in the base though?
Any help would be fantastic
Chris

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Ive discovered that if I bang the dishwasher quite hard it seems to allow it to work fine. Would this mean that the flood switch is jammed and the bang is releasing it?

Hi cjjowett

Can't help with your problem except to say the float switch sounds logical.
Just writing to say I have exactly the same fault, have undone a few screws and looked around but nothing seems blocked or broken.
Wondered if you resolved the problem before I resort to the repair man.

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back