Dishwasher Nuisance tripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a dishwasher nuisance tripping the RCD in my split load CU.

Is this common?

What is the solution?

I have my kitchen circuit and conservatory on the RCD due to the conservatory supplying any outlet to the garden. Also the circuit has an FCU supplying a socket in a separate garage.

Thx

Sponsored Links
If you are sure it is the dishwasher then there are a couple of simple checks you can do in the first instance.

-With the power off check there is no water getting into or around wherever the dishwasher is connected up to.If there is then you will have to find and fix the leak and let everything dry out.

-Check that the main flex to the D/W is not damaged either by rodents gnawing or trapping from the appliance

If it does not appear to be these then the dishwasher is faulty and will need looking at.As this is a water using appliance there is a good chance that it has leaked internally and caused an earth fault.
It could be a pump or solenoid failed to earth.

If you are not confident to look at it yourself then you will need an engineer to look at it or consider a new D/W.

If you decide to look at anything yourself please make sure that the power is isolated and the dishwasher is unplugged

Thanks Ric

Guess what.
Pulled the dishwasher out. The flex is conected with a straight connector. There was a leak on the outlet pipe but not so severe as to cause major problems and the straight connector was getting splashed.

Thanks mate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back