Dishwasher on Worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchased a full size dishwasher and due to kitchen space I have tried to run this by sitting it on top of a worktop off the ground. However the dishwasher does not seem to be taking in enough water. It does start to work and pump water into the dishwasher but then stops and states there is a fault. When sat on the floor this works fine. However I do not have room on the floor to store my dishwasher. If I bought a longer water pipe would this solve the problem as the one I am using is very tight to the water inlet pipe? Or any other suggestions?

Sponsored Links
The feed to the machine is under presure so that should be ok.
The waste, I assume you have got the hose going up, before it returns to the waste? thats all I can think of.

The water intake pipe is bent around the worktop to get to the dishwasher. I have been told that this could be causing a kink and lowering the pressure of the water. I have been told to pick up a pipe with wire coiled around it to stop it from kinking.

Would this work or is there an adapter that I can pick up from B & Q to connect it to my kitchen sink.

Try fitting a 2.5 metre inlet hose and see if that helps. If it is still the same, call the customer service number in your dishwasher documents.

Sponsored Links
Does the waste pipe have to go in an upward angle from the machine? As it is on a worktop the pipe is going downwards and therfore fails everytime I move it to a downward angle. However if it is going upwards is it just not washing with mucky water? Bought the 2,5 Metre pipe and does seem to be working unless I move the water pipe

The drain pipe has to go upwards initially to at least half way up the machine, then it can loop downwards to your waste pipe. If the pipe goes straight down it may just empty out continuously by gravity. You may need to tie the hose to something behind the machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back