Distributing SKY TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, Just wondering how is the best way to distribute Sky TV to other rooms in the house.

At present I have the sky box in the lounge but want to send the picture to other TV's in the kitchen and bedroom. Do you have to use the RF out on the back of the sky box to send the signal to another room?

Thank you. Chris

Sponsored Links
That's exactly what I do.

The main TV in the living room is served by the scart output. On the back of my sky box there are actually two RF out and one is used to serve the kitchen via some good quality coax.

Coax from RF2 out, and turn on the 9v through the programming. Then fit a magic eye at the second (or more) viewing locations, and control and watch sky ;)

Sponsored Links
What is the difference between outputs RF2 and RF1? I already have a spare co ax running up to a central point from the lounge to where all the other co ax's in the house join up with a booster. Am I right in thinking that boosters can mess up a sky signal? How would be best to join the one coming up from the lounge to the others going away to the kitchen and bedrooms?

Dont think the radio transmitting idea will work here as its an old house with thick walls...??

Thanks for all your replys!

Both the same, but RF2 has a switchable 9v phantom power supply to power magic eyes to allow you to control the sky box from the second viewing location.

With two locations, you should consider a booster. RF2 to booster, 2 way booster to 2 TV locations. The booster must be a DC bypass type if you want to use magic eyes.

OK, thanks very much for all your help Lectrician.. how do you switch on the 9v output, through settings on the sky box i guess??

Yes, exactly.
If you are using a booster to distribute the uplead to other TVS, make sure its got a digital bypass feature or your magic eyes wont work..

OK, thanks very much for all your help Lectrician.. how do you switch on the 9v output, through settings on the sky box i guess??

go to "services" press 4 then press 01 then select then option 4 again and change rf outlet power supply to on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back