Diverter Valve for Biasi m90E 24.s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our boiler recently broke down and have been charged £500 to replace the diverter valve. The plumber came today and replaced it - the job took less than 30 mins. It seems a lot to me but am not an expert and needed it done quickly as we have a 6 month old baby at home. Would be interested to know a typical price for this job and whether I might have reason to politely ask for a reduction.
The boiler worked Ok for hot water but when switched to continuous heating water trickled out at quite a steady rate. As far as I know no other part was replaced and this didn't include a service. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Wow!

We would have charged £84 plus parking, plus £23 for the bits to repair the diverter valve! And that would have included a service! Thats only in our primary service area though.

Thats £107 and you paid £500 ! We also come the same day if possible when called before 11 am.

Often the actuator motor is failed but it sounds as if yours was still working and did not need replacing.

If you agreed to their costs in advance then you have no expectation of any reduction!

They should have given you an indication of the likely costs in advance when you called them as any respectable firm would have done. If they did not, then you still dont have any complaint unless you asked them and they refused to tell you or misled you !

I appreciate that you may now be feeling a little sore, but it makes me quite annoyed to see people paying these rip off charges when most of the rest of us boiler engineers only charge reasonable amounts.

What was the name of the firm? Reactfast by any chance?

Tony Glazier

Thanks for the info. The company isn't the one you mention, they are called Storm. Unfortunately we needed it done having a young baby and a very cold house. Not having any recommendations we had to go with the company who were able to come out.
Unless you know the price of jobs - which we didn't - you don't know when you are paying way over the odds. Any suggestions for were to find reliable VFM plumbers in future would be welcome!

I dont know what a "VFM plumber" is!

If you dont know anyone or have any recommendations then the manufacturers will usually be able to recommend their own service engineers who will carry most spare parts.

If that were to fail then you could always call Britisg Gas who do a fixed price repair for about £200 !

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back