diy loft con

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can you advise i have just move into a my new house build .1946 i have a nice size loft ideal for a converion roof cut on site out of < 4 * 2 > @ 400 centres steep pitch what i would do on first fix is bolt new 4*2 <c24> to exstin rafters to make them 4*4 put .them add new 4*2 PFC BOLTed toget make a i beam to suport rafters. then fit in new 6*2 <c24> floor joists and put up dewalf walls both side then cut out 3*braceings to open space ready for 2 rd fix could this work

Sponsored Links
Very hard to say as your post is not very clear, re-post with photos, dimensions of exiting structure and spans etc.

Sponsored Links
thanks for yours replys to little info for you will be back with proper dim and spans will make a plan view of loft and will take photos of loft and will wright a more detail post

hi iam back i hope with better detail for loft con done some drawing of 1st floor lay out and side view of loft makeup and what i would like to do.. at this stage is put in new 4*2 p.f.c bolted back 2 back to make a i beam . run beam full length of center wall < front 2 back wall > see drawing and fit in 2 no uprights4*2 channel with \,die> bracing.and then install full length 4*2 p.f.c from detatched wall to party wall and so surpport all rafters ..would this work?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back