DIY not Surgical Procedures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the UK Electrical section Duncan praises DIY not ( and rightly so ) and mentions it is far better than anything in the medical world.

So should there be a Surgical Procedures section ?

A hip replacement comes down to a bit of carving, some work with hack saw and power drill. Then a bit of 7lb club hammer work and some super glue followed by a bit of seamtress work.

I am joking but my mother's hip operations were very much like that.

But seriously with all the DIY accidents is there perhaps a need for a basic first aid Wiki here ?

Bernard
Sharnbrook
previously St John Ambulance

Sponsored Links
bernardgreen said:
But seriously with all the DIY accidents is there perhaps a need for a basic first aid Wiki here ?
I have thought about this before, not on first aid but health & safely of the DIY. Another one, Hints & Tips idea, how many time do we see felt tip pen problem from the USA :LOL:

My only concern is what if someone gives out wrong information?

Going by some of the comments posted in the past, perhaps a brain surgery section ;)

Sponsored Links
Bernard, it's a good idea :), we already have some information on Safety in the 'How to' pages (see here), but feel free to add anything extra to the Wiki, the more the better! I have just created a section for Safety in the Wiki (see here).

If anyone has something that is DIY/house/home/garden related and they feel it would be useful to others please feel free to add it to the Wiki.

Anyone is able to add things to the Wiki as long as they login. The login details to use are the same as the forum.