DIY upvc, ufit etc. they any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seen a few websites that offer upvc windows and doors such as ufit, and just doors etc who offer doors for about 2-300quid as there basic cheap ones. Also they have windows which seem cheap too.

Has anyone bought/ seen these around?

I'm worried as my next door neighbour just got her new front door fitted and it was 800quid all in, yes it has a big ish window with a big stained glass dolphin thing in the middle, which yes i don't want, but i think theres a big differance in prices and im worried about the quality?

cheers

Sponsored Links
Quite right, be worried.

The difference in quality is probably 5 fold, cheap profile, probably made of ground up washing up liquid bottles, will probably fade, won't be steel reinforced so may bend, warp or bow, cam locking with no hooks or shoot bolts, poor quality handles, cheapest of the cheap door panel.

A decent door will rush you about £500/600 fitted, don't pay attention to the local paper with doors at £250, they are that price for a reason, if i stood a cheap and a quality door up and just told you to hold them to stop them falling over you'd instantly know which was which

I see, I thought a PVC door was a PVC door...

I like the sound of coral windows in Bradford, heard good things about them. It's just the cost is crazy. Loads of my neighbours have security gates/bars on the windows but I don't so i might invest in a good one. I just dont want to over spend as I don't want to spend more than whats worth it for the house.

You can't go wrong with a solid wooden door and good quality locks. upvc doors security are misleading the public, the multi-lock system are there for a reason and it's not for security reason!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
well i'll think about that then. whats the point of the lock then? just to make you think its solid? cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back