Do I need a plume extension?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Glowworm Ultimate 60FF boiler with the flue going straight out of the back, through the outside wall, venting outside. I want to install a hot tub outside near the flue but I don't know if there are any regs about this. The flue will probably only be about 8 feet away from the tub.

Are the fumes dangerous or just a nuisance? I assume it's not a condensing boiler as it was fitted when the house was built 10 years ago. Could I (or someone else) retrofit a 90 degree bend and a flue/plume extension to divert any fumes away?

I tried posting this in the building forum as it was about regs but got no joy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I dont know what you mean by a "hot tub" !

Perhaps a heated small pool?

Your boiler is quite old now and flue parts probably no longer available.

A plume diverter is something devised for modern condensing boilers and not suitable for old standard boilers.

If a pool is some way away then there is unlikely to be any problem but just time your boiler to not operate when you want to use the pool.

Tony

Simple answer is 8 feet away will not be a problem at all and no the fumes are not dangerous even if it was closer, They are only water vapour and carbon dioxide. Just dont touch the hot terminal with your bare ass

Sponsored Links
The contents aren't included? :mad:

Ok, thanks for the answers. I don't think I'll burn my ass unless I put a trampoline next to the tub. Hmm, beer + tub + trampoline... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back