Does anyone remember the Barlo Duo Combi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, my Son has an eldrly Barlo Duo Combi Boiler which is running just fine, however the presure drops away and I want to check the Air pressure in the Expansion Vessel, the problem is that I cannot see (or feel) any Valve, the boiler has been fitted tight into an alcove and whilst its probably possible to wiggle the Side Panels out I doubt I could get to a valve buried down there, I have the original Installation instructions but strangely they make no mention of checking or pumping up the e/v and in a very nice and detailed exploded diagram you cannot see a valve, does anyone have any ideas where it might be?
Look forward to hearing from you and thanks in advance,
Steve.

Sponsored Links
You could try asking Halstead technical advice line in case anyone there remembers.

In practice it would be best to replace it with a modern condensing boiler.

If he is too mean and you are hell bent on keeping it going even longer then fit an external 12 li expansion vessel somewhere else.

I doubt its anything to do with the EXV based on what you have said so far. It might be if you said a lot more though.

Tony

haven't seen one of those boilers for a couple of years, but they were very popular boilers in your area along with Sime friendly formats and Ferroli 77ff's (think that was the model no.)

it would have a valve on the expansion but with a lot of these older models it is possibly in the back of the boiler inaccessable to almost all attempts to repressurise.

if you wanted to keep it going the external vessel is a good option fitted on the return pipe to the boiler, Plumbs at ringwood road or G&B (now grahams) at sharp road can supply you with one.

if you want a new combi fitted PM me I can fit it for you, I cover bournemouth area and i'm there most days, happily give you an estimate.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks to you both for your replies, as I said the boiler is running just fine and given this I don't feel we ought to change it just because it has a small fault, the pressure drops away over a period of about a month and I suspect that as I cannot see a valve its never been checked or pumped up and I thought this was worth checking out. The PRV is new and there are no obvious leaks. I will chase up Halstead (I assume their tec dept is easy to find?) and many thanks indeed for that info, if after all it proves to be inaccessable I also though about just ignoreing it and fitting a remote Ex/V and thanks again for this suggestion,
Steve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back