Does my fig tree look ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Recently bought a fig tree... I'm new to all of this and accepted that the tree was just as it should be. Until I went to Lidl the other day and saw fig trees for sale there which looked far more ... err ... substantial and alive!

Mine is a 'Brown Turkey'.

Here are a couple of photos:

IMG_0383.JPG IMG_0384.JPG

Many thanks

Max

Sponsored Links
It looks healthy if a bit spindly. I'd wait another month or so until it's in strong growth and pinch out the growing tip to encourage bushier growth.

Thanks for the link Andy, and for the reply and advice ceres.

A month has passed and the plant has one more leaf, and the fig is a bit bigger. No further changes though. Should it have done more by now? How much growth should I expect this summer?

Another couple of questions if I may.... I need to pot it up. Should I pot it into it's final pot now or an "inbetween" size, and what size pot would be best?

Many thanks

Max

Sponsored Links
Looks like it's been grown with not enough light, hence why it's a bit spindly but looks OK apart from that.

I'd probably just opt for the next pot size up rather than going for 'final size' - that way it gets fresh compost periodically.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back